Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fran, Tiff and Billy's Dallas Reunion Tour '07




Fran and I finally returned to the place we met over 10 years ago while serving in the Texas Dallas Mission...where we met for the first time in a bathroom of some church...where Fran's first impression of me was that I was "snobby". Nice. Everyone knows I prefer, "smug". At any rate, this time we were not plagued by those restrictive "mission rules"...we were free to do whatever we pleased. Yes. This time, we would eat at Medieval Times, and no one could stop us!!!

We did get a rough start. On the flight out I sat next to a "nose picker", the landing was so rough that people actually screamed, and they lost our luggage. Somehow, things did improve. We stayed with my friend Teri and pretty much ran and ate from the moment we got there until we left. That is when we were not fighting off heat stroke...which by the way was every bit as bad as I remembered it...if not worse. Here are some photo highlights of the excursion:


I don't know how I took this picture with chicken in both of my hands!





What would a trip to Texas be without a Longhorn siting.








Billy enjoying Dallas from the top of Reunion Tower.









Aliyah enjoying the game, apparently unaware that it was so hot and humid that people should not be outdoors.








Bonham, TX. 10 years ago, this town was a hellish little speck on the map. Today: they are practically putting in a light rail system. Who knew?







Fort Worth....Fran in what appears to be Stage 3 of heat stroke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A NOSE PICKER? Say it isn't so!

My mom always said that it didn't matter if you picked your boogers. She said that all that matters is where you put them when you're done.