Tuesday, January 09, 2007

So...that is what it feels like!

Up until tonight, the Jazz have never lost a home game that I attended. I was on a really good streak, they had lost two games, but I had mysteriously not been there those nights.

Tonight that all ended. I finally got to feel what it felt like to walk away in shame...no mint, no promise of a free Big Mac. Nothing. Just Derek Fisher telling us to drive home safely on the jumbo tron. Which, by the way, I think happens every night, it is just that people are usually cheering enough that I haven't heard it.

At least it was the Mavericks that dealt the blow. I am actually a huge Nowitzki fan, and I am not ashamed to admit it! However, I was probably the only one that felt that way. That was one rabid, angry crowd. At the end, one guy, who felt he was a spokesman or the entire state of Utah, so eloquently summed up what the majority of the crowd was feeling by yelling, "Enjoy the gift Nowitzki....you piece of shit!"

Mint record still stands at 14.

No comments: