Tuesday, August 29, 2006

yo adrian - it's me...rocky III


For some random reason, I have recently just discovered a movie series most people have watched and moved on from. 30 years later, I saw Rocky for the first time and was instantly hooked. I am catching up on the series before the possibly doomed return of Stallone's Rocky in December. I just finished up Rocky III and can say that I fear the series may be heading down hill. I did enjoy the movie, don't get me wrong. It was actually funnier than the first two...between Mr. T's crazy talking antics, and the long runs on the beach between Rocky and Apollo (that one may not have been intended to be funny!) I was laughing pretty hard. Here was the problem with the movie: it simply did not pack the emotional "punches" of the first two. (Which basically means that I was not in tears at the end, and threatening to rename my cat "Rocky")


At any rate, I can't wait to see what happens next. I am told that if the next installment does not make a Toby Keith fan out of me - nothing will!
I also cannot wait to see if V is as big of a disaster as I have been lead to believe!


No comments: