Friday, September 08, 2006

it still wouldn't change the fact that i don't own a car.

50 Best High School Movies! As a fan of High School Movies, (now old enough that I should be embarassed) I found this article/countdown to be fairly interesting. It did leave me with a few questions:

1. How did Jake Ryan and his cool Porche not rank higher than #49. Blaspheme!
2. How many times exactly do I think my brother's made me watch The Bodyguard at #45? Over 100?
3. Brick at #35 - Is this movie any good? I was intrigued back when I read the review, but never made it to the theatre. Netflix - here I come!
4. How is Hoop Dreams not ranked higher? I mean, come on, it didn't need to be as high as Jake Ryan and his Porche, but it was a really good documentary. Although, I would rivel their description as it being "Inspirational" to more "Depressing". It was pure documentary gold!
5. When they talked about Donnie Darko at #14, why is there no mention of Sparkle Motion?
6. Why, oh why is Ferris Bueller's Day Off not at #1?

Good job on them putting Election and Heathers in the top 10...

3 comments:

Huckleberry Hotbody said...

That list is a sham. Any listing of teen-movies that puts sixteen candles at the bottom of the list under Napoleon dynamite is written by a poser.

Risky bidness at #40? Come on! A teen hooker gone crazy, a wacky wacky pimp, Car chases, high school run brothels in suburbia, a freebie on a public train, and all based around a cheap-looking glass egg? Why should this rank at a mere #40?

Somehow American pie beat out Back to the future? Oh the humanity! Somebody sticking his goods in a pie is better than classic Christopher Lloyd and Michael J?

I refuse to read on. EW is dead to me.

I was pleased with the blog little Tiffany. Have a lovely day!

Huckleberry Hotbody said...

One more thing.

Which brother made you watch the bodyguard 100s of times? I am so very suspicious right now.

Tapperfan said...

The more I thought about it, I was really concerned that Better off Dead wasn't there either... It's a shame.

As for The Boydguard question. I can't remember for positive which one was guilty, it was probably both of them. If I had to make a choice though, I would put Matt as the guilty party...because he was definately the one making me watch The Oustiders over and over.