Wednesday, September 13, 2006

a sad day


This is one of those entries that will make me completely emotionally vulnerable, and also accentuate my complete lack of dignity. For those of you who will enjoy that…please read further:

Several years ago, Fox 13 started showing reruns of Yes, Dear every night after Seinfeld. At first I mocked, as most of you still do. I stated the NO ONE could possibly find those people entertaining. For some reason though, I kept watching. (At the time I didn’t have cable!) Like any bad addiction, it just crept up on me, slowly making me feel like it was okay, until one night I caught myself laughing out loud, all by myself, and I was hooked!

I only told a selective few of my embarrassing TV habits. I am lucky enough to have a boyfriend that not only supported this habit, but encouraged it. He wasn’t quite as secretive about it as I was, and eventually we uncovered that there were others out there that were watching, laughing and maybe a little ashamed. (You know who you are)

Anyway, my publicly admitting how much I relied on Yes, Dear for my late night entertainment does not take away the current problem. Fox has replaced it with the only show that any of you could argue is worse: Still Standing. I was so concerned with this, that I wrote an email to Fox. I won’t include what I wrote, due to the fact that I have already embarrassed myself enough, but here is their reply:

Dear Tiffany, unfortunately Yes, Dear will not be coming back; this program was acquired for our station from a corporate level just like Still Standing was, meaning that we had no influence here at the station level. I'm sorry you miss Yes, Dear but hope that you will be willing to give Still Standing a chance.

Thank you and have a great day

Sincerely KSTU Programming


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to never see their faces again.

NatAttack said...

I can't believe you actually wrote them an email! You'd better show it to me...

Tapperfan said...

Okay "Mr. Anonymous" - I know who you are, and I know what cubicle you sit in...watch your back.

Nat - we can make arrangements for you to read my pleading email.

dillydallycali said...

You might want to keep that e-mail under wraps. Some addictions are best left in the closet.