Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Why can’t it be yesterday? I was happy yesterday.



I finally got my CD yesterday, and it is a good thing because Sir Elton ended up doing SIX songs from it all in a row!

I am fighting the post Elton John depression, and I don’t know how well I am doing it. Luckily it has been busy enough at work to take my mind off the fact that at this moment, I have nothing to live for. (Well – LOST starts up on October 4th, that will have to keep me going.)

The concert was really, really good. Elton put in almost 3 hours of pure audio bliss. He sang almost every hit you could ever think of, and then some. His new material translated well into the concert setting, and I look forward to listening to it more.

The seats turned out to be worth every penny. I will say the people on the floor were having much more fun. I always seem to get stuffed in-between some fuddy duddies that shoot you the occasional dirty look because you have to scream. Imagine that, going to a concert and making noise?! I will never figure out why people would pay $125 to sit there with their arms folded and a grumpy look on their face.

High point: Many actually… Started very strong with “Funeral for a Friend”…but my very favorite song “Levon” was probably the best point of the show for me. “Bitch is Back” was also awesome, and seemed to be one of the crowds favorite.

Low point: Okay, I know this wasn’t Las Vegas, and I couldn’t expect the production I received at the Red Piano Tour, but that light brightish backdrop was really unnecessary. I mean come on, during Crocodile Rock there was some weird animated croc that made the ones in Atari’s Frogger look brilliant.

No comments: